Digital transformation is a phenomenon that has impacted the functioning and internal organization of businesses. Digital has become the most significant catalyst for change in today’s companies. Everything has transitioned into digital. To stay at the forefront of technological advancements, CIOs, HR managers, and executives must rethink their business strategies and be open to adopting new tools and the changes that come with them.
We are indeed witnessing the resurgence of numerous organizational, automation, and decision-support tools for managers and HR managers. These tools support the emergence of the concept of the “augmented manager,” born from the decision to integrate AI into new digital platforms and applications, the augmented manager must develop skills and competencies related to technology and is the result of collaboration between humans and digital.
These concepts fall under the umbrella of the “Future of Work,” referring to predictions about work modes, habits, locations, and work practices in the coming years.
How to establish “augmented management” in your company? What are its advantages, and what solutions support you in this change management process?
Advantages of Augmented Management for Companies:
Augmented management is the result of the digital transformation of companies and is also its driving force. Ideally, an augmented manager should promote agility, collaboration, and leadership development within the company.
To accompany this change, the manager must be able to adapt to new tools and, most importantly, trust the capabilities of AI. The integration of AI into new management tools provides an opportunity for HR management to optimize its processes by automating time-consuming and tedious tasks, automating work processes, and focusing on high-value-added tasks, etc.
From the manager’s perspective, this technology promotes predictive analysis, allowing for better data analysis, ensuring better decision support, and assisting the manager in monitoring by facilitating collaboration. Becoming an augmented manager allows for improving talent retention, anticipating causes of disengagement, being closer to the needs of employees, etc.
The power and reliability of these tools allow the manager to free themselves from subordinate tasks and refocus on their role. The augmented manager can, in turn, leverage new technologies for the valorization of their work, project management, scheduling, etc. With the primary goal of having proactive, relevant management and implementing actions at the right time.
Solutions that Support You Towards Augmented Management:
Solutions serving augmented managers are multiplying on the market today. Ranging from specific needs to the overall management of the company and its internal organization, companies are faced with a wide range of solutions.
Here are some examples:
- Moody: A chatbot that assesses the mindset of employees in a non-intrusive way, mainly for remote workers. Developed during Covid, it addresses a very specific need for monitoring the mental health of employees to help managers implement tailored corrective actions.
- Octomine: An anonymous quiz to measure employee satisfaction. Through this quiz, managers are presented with an adequate representation of the satisfaction level of their employees. The quizzes can also help managers identify key challenges during transformation and restructuring projects within the company. A tool that uses AI to involve employees in the life of the company.
- TOP: A solution to measure the risks of resignations and reduce turnover rates within teams through algorithms based on artificial intelligence and predictive analysis. TOP addresses many issues related to high turnover rates and allows, among other things:
- Optimize managerial and HR practices for sustainable teams.
- Reinvent old ways of working and support the challenges of augmented management.
- Anticipate resignation risks.
- Automate certain repetitive tasks to free up time to focus on teams.
Artificial intelligence plays a central role in new managerial practices, especially in prediction, decision analysis, etc. This technology helps managers make the right decisions to motivate, retain, and sustain their teams.
However, human and digital are complementary concepts. AI cannot replace humans—it is an advisor, reliable, always sharp, and attentive. The management and HR of the future are increasingly focused on humans. Thanks to AI and its predictive capabilities, the manager can better understand their teams, free themselves from time-consuming tasks, and implement solutions that value their collaborators.
The augmented manager thus demonstrates empathy, benevolence, and listening by being assisted by AI.
If you also want to become an augmented manager, contact our teams by clicking here.